– artwork by Louise Cass, courtesy of Marietta Fox – permission to use image given by artist
D.A. Morrison Middle School has been through a number of transformations over 90 years. Located on Lumsden Avenue and opened in 1921, it was first an elementary school named Danforth Park. In 1952, it became Oak Park Junior High School. This building was demolished in the late 70’s to make way for a new junior high school, located on Gledhill Avenue. In 1977, Oak Park Junior High School was re-opened. In 1980, the school was renamed in honour of Dalton A. Morrison, a former teacher, principal and director of education.